Tuesday 15 October 2019

In the ward after the operation

The ward was a group of 4 gentlemen suffering kidney stone or Prostate removal.

I was still feeling remarkably well and was provided with two set of sandwiches and some fruit which filled me up.

I got chatting with the gentleman opposite who was having his third day in hospital and desperately wanting to get back home.

We had ended up as the only two in the ward but around 6.30 both other spaces were filled. One by a now friend who had had the same surgeon as myself in the afternoon. He had to wait from 7am to be operated on after I had been done. Worst of all he was not told how long the day was going to be. We both believe this to be unfair, as I am sure you would if you were in his position.

At this point it is fair to say my day where I have been writing this blog turned into a disaster with extremely painful constipation which will have its own page. What ever you do make sure you allow for the potential of this and ensure you are given a stool softener prior to leaving hospital. I certainly don't want anyone going through what we went through.

I was still well and was helped to get to a seat which was quite amazing in my view seeing I had only woken three hours before.

My family came to see me which was special and once they had left I watched the Apprentice.

By this time I was getting tired and sore and felt it was time to try and get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do let me know if you find this helpful