Tuesday 15 October 2019

Pilates, emotions realisation and fear

I have not felt like updating the blog until now so will attempt to do 3 updates today

The day after being diagnosed with the cancer I spoke to a Prostate Cancer UK nurse who was explaining the need for building up your Pelvic floor muscles. That after I ended up by chance at a Pilates lesson which included lots of Pelvic floor work. I continued for the weeks following right up to the Monday before the op on the Wednesday morning and so glad I did.

During this time I did experience a lot of different emotions and the last two days before the op I was very tetchy experiencing worry and fear.

The realisation of what was happening and seriousness of it almost made me not want to function but I did and got through.

Obviously you have the fears of the unknown some, the majority of which have been unfounded as you will see in the later posts.

Finally the day of the operation came about and we had an early night as our appointment was at 7am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do let me know if you find this helpful