Tuesday 15 October 2019

The first night

I should make clear the patient is not me, but this is the angle I was asked to sleep. I had a drain coming out of my right side and a catheter both linked to collection bags, so I was going nowhere! 

Unfortunately although I was resting the level of activity and nurses coming to check various patient’s including myself meant it took ages to get to sleep.


My blood pressure was all over the place on the low side for me and that slightly concerned me and lying down my pulse was to low at 92 and needed to be 95 so I was asked to rest in a raised position.

The bed was very comfortable and could be moved to all angles.

I also had a pain relief button that put a small amount of morphine into you. I did use this on a number of occasions through the night as the anaesthetic wore off.

I probably got 3-4 hours sleep that night and woke up for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do let me know if you find this helpful