Tuesday 15 October 2019

The day of the operation


Having woken at 5.30am I did 10 mins on the cross trainer for my “brisk walk” you are advised to take.

My wife took me to the hospital and we arrived at the ward around 6.45 and were almost immediately taken to a small room to wait. As we found out later my neighbour on the ward was also there but he was left in the waiting room! He was not operated on until the afternoon after my appointment.

Once in the room we had a series of nurses come in and do various checks and take bloods. This all took a good hour plus and then we saw one of the doctors yo sign the consent form and to ask an final questions.

After this the anaesthetist came in and explained what was going to happen and at this point my wife went off to work and I was taken to the anaesthetist theatre.

I passed my consultant on the way who did come and have a very brief chat while I was on the bed going through the anaesthetic process.

This was actually all very straight forward with a couple of jabs and then breathing oxygen at which point you remember nothing else until awakening to a nurse in recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do let me know if you find this helpful